Gourmet Cheese Serving Tips
Serving the Cheese
- Before serving the cheese, allow it to come to room temperature (about an hour). This lets the flavors emerge to their fullest.
- Keep the cheeses covered until you are ready to serve them so they do not dry out.
- Use a separate knife for each gourmet cheese so the flavors do not mingle.
Savoring the Cheese
- Select 3 – 5 cheeses of varying textures (soft, firm, hard) and flavors (mild, tangy, earthy, pungent, spicy and nutty, to name a few). Perhaps sample cheese made from different milks (cow, goat, sheep).
- Start with the mildest cheese and make your way to the sharpest; this allows your palate to adjust to the increase in flavors.
Enjoying a Gourmet Cheese Course
- A cheese course is about observing and enjoying contrasting and complementary flavors. There are no hard and fast rules.
- Experiment and discover your favorite food and beverage pairings.
- Click to view Food & Beverage Recommendations